National University of Singapore
NUS Museum Collections Online

The roots of the NUS Museum can be traced back to the establishment in 1955 of the University Art Museum at the then University of Malaya. The Museum’s collection was introduced by its first curator, Michael Sullivan, as a teaching collection for the University more than 50 years ago. Today, with its diverse collection ranging from classical Chinese and Indian materials to modern and contemporary Southeast Asian art, the Museum remains an integral part of the National University of Singapore.

 

The Lee Kong Chian Collection consists of a wide representation of Chinese materials from ancient to contemporary art; the South and Southeast Asian Collection holds a range of works from Indian classical sculptures to modern pieces, to which new acquisitions of works by Lim Mu Hue and Jimmy Ong were added by the Museum through donations. The Ng Eng Teng Collection of over 1,000 artworks is a donation from the late Singapore sculptor and Cultural Medallion recipient. The fourth collection, the Straits Chinese Collection, is located at NUS Baba House at 157 Neil Road. To read more about the Museum and our collections, please refer to our website www.museum.nus.edu.sg. For enquires, please email museum@nus.edu.sg.